The big disappointment at Casa Piedra Grande, Vieques!
I am very sorry for this review. The reason I am writing this is because I would have loved to read a real and honest review BEFORE going there.
The visit: Jully 28th 2012 to August 12th
The owner and service
Very efficient over the phone, quick reply to our mail, did research for us. The manager picked us up at the airport as planed.
The Villa: Casa piedra grande
(Hilltop Home with Breathtaking Ocean Views and pool)
- Beds were confortable
- Was great to have Wi-Fi
- Couch was so dirty that it was hazardous to sit in. Very obvious gray and black stains on it. (see pictures)
- No shade by the pool, three long chairs for 10 guests.
- The view from the villas was more about the neighbor’s roof than the ocean!
- Location (neighbourhood) of the villa wasn't that great. All villas had huge fences, letting you think you should be afraid of something. Peoples listen to music very loud all day, so you could hear Reggaeton and batchatta at the same time, from two different directions.
- The bathroom floor is 1,5 inch higher than the room floor. A very dangerous «step» when you go to the bathroom at nite. I did broke my toe on it. (see picture)
- The Villa is ok, but very very dirty. (see pictures) When we arrived, the floor was dirty, everything was dirty. Things haven’t been clean for months. Look at the picture and make your own mind.
- The kitchen is poorly equiped. If you like to cook, bring your own knives, bring your Tupperware to store your leftover food. We managed to put everything in the refrigerator, even the sugar, in order to avoid getting ants in it. A simple hermetic jar would help a lot. The hot water from the tap was not hot enough to wash the dishes. So when we arrived, all the dishes was greasy. We did boil the water and rewash all the dishes.
- Definitely too expensive for what it is. (We’ve rented many villas in the past and we think this villa's worth half the price)
- I strongly believe that all reviews on the web were fake (this is my opinion, I have no proof of this of course)
When they say that the villa is near the beach, this is not the kind of beach you would imagine. This is more a place to get access to a boat ramp, to walk along the ocean, but not to stay 3 hours and play in the water with your kids. It is small, full of rocks, with lots of overflowing trash cans under the trees. Very crowded by locals on the week-end.
- Was difficult to find good and fresh food on the island (vegetables, fish, meat, fine cheeses, spices, etc.). Instead we had frozen meat, frozen fish, canned food. At the end of our stay, we found a small place to get fresh fruits and vegetables on the side of the road.
- If you plan on eating local fish, just google CIGUATERA TOXIN PUERTO RICO before.
- Quenepos restaurant was very impressive. This restaurant could be in downtown New-York and it would be full. Fresh food, good service, wow.
- Bio bay was impressive and memorable, a once in a life time experience.
- Other beaches on the island were amazing
Any questions or comments: email@example.com